The W&J ITS Team has decided to replace our current SonicWall VPN service with GlobalProtect VPN. This much needed change improves both the speed of our VPN service and the amount of users it is able to accommodate. Follow the steps listed below to setup GlobalProtect VPN on your device.
(Please note, you will only be able to complete these steps when you are NOT on campus, and on a W&J issued device. If you previously utilized the SonicWall VPN, make sure it is disconnected before continuing.)
Computers (Windows and Mac)
1. Open your web browser and go to https://gw.washjeff.edu
2. Log in with your W&J Username/Password
3. Download the version of the GlobalProtect agent that corresponds to your computer. *If you're unsure if your Windows version is a 32-bit or 64-bit installation, right click the Windows Start Button and select System. In the page that appears, your Windows version will be designated in the System type field.
4. Open the downloaded file to launch the installer. Click Next to progress through the install. Once you receive a message saying GlobalProtect has successfully installed, click Close to exit.
5. When GlobalProtect is first launched, enter gw.washjeff.edu as the portal address. Click Connect. (If you're on a Mac using macOS High Sierra 10.13 or later, you'll need to complete the steps listed HERE before progressing)
6. Enter your W&J username and password then click Connect.
7. You are now connected to the W&J VPN. Be sure to click Disconnect when you are done accessing W&J resources.
Mobile Devices (Android, iPhones, iPad)
1. Download GlobalProtect from the Apple App Store or Google Play Market
2. Open the GlobalProtect app. Enter gw.washjeff.edu when asked for the Portal Address
3. Enter in your W&J Username and Password then click Connect to launch the VPN.