Nov 19, 2021
How to Add a Printer via IP Address
- Click the Apple icon.
- Open to System Preferences.
- Click on Printers and Scanners.
- Then click on the + sign below the list of printers.
- Click on the IP icon at the top
- Type your printer's IP address in the Address field. This can be found by printing a configuration page directly from the printer itself.
- Select an appropriate driver under the Print Using dropdown. If you cannot find the correct driver, you can either provide one or use the Generic PostScript Printer driver (Depending on the model of printer you might need to download the drivers from the manufacture)
- Click Add.
- You may be presented with an Installable Options screen. If so, select the appropriate options or accept the defaults.
- Click Continue to add the printer.