All dorms are equipped with ethernet ports for a more dependable internet connection on any compatible device. For more information about what devices are compatible with W&J's network, please review our Acceptable Use Policy and Terms of Service Agreement.
Devices utilizing these wired connections will need to go through the same registration process as devices on the wireless network. To do so, simply follow the steps below.
If you are connecting an entertainment device to a wired port such as a Xbox, PlayStation, or Smart TV, you'll need to complete the W&J registration form located at https://tinyurl.com/WJ-register.
After visiting the link, you'll be prompted to enter the MAC Address for your device along with your W&J credentials. After completing the form, your device will be registered. (Note: it may take 10-15 minutes for the registration to process and for your device to begin working)
1. Connect your computer to the Ethernet port
2. Launch any web browser. (Chrome, Firefox, Edge) and enter washjeff.edu, you should then be redirected to the network registration page.
3. Read the Terms of Service Agreement and Click Agree to proceed.
4. Select Faculty and Staff or Students
5. Sign in using your W&J username and password then click Continue.
6. If your sign in was successful, you'll see a blue bar for a moment while your device is registered. Once it's complete you'll be taken to the Network Confirmation page.
7. Your device is officially registered for the W&J network.
If you need further assistance, or are experiencing issue with your ethernet port, please contact the ITS HelpDesk.