Wired connection not working?
- Are you utilizing the blue port in your dorm room? The black port is for an analog telephone connection, and will not work for internet access.
- Is there a second blue ethernet port available? Can you test the connection with another port?
- Did you try using a different ethernet cable?
- Check your network card status:
Windows >> Settings >> Network and Internet >> Ethernet >> Change Adapter Options
The media state should be Enabled
If the local area connection is disabled, then right click on the Local Area Connection and select Enable
- Check the Local Area Connection Properties and network protocol settings.
- Highlight Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPV4), and click Properties.
- Obtain an IP and DNS address should be set to automatically
- Did you try turning off your personal firewall? It could be blocking W&J's network.
- Can you temporarily turn off your wireless card (if you have one)?
This will force the device to communication via the wired connection only.
- If none of the above information resolves your issue, please contact the HelpDesk X6022.
Include your current IP address with the HelpDesk request