Both the Assignment and Drop Box Tools within Sakai can be used to collect, provide feedback concerning, and re-distribute student assignments. Some important differences between these two Tools are identified below:
- This Tool can connect individual assignments to the Gradebook Tool.
- Assignments can be given opening and closing dates.
- You can give individual feedback, through Sakai, on Assignments.
- More information about the Assignments Tool can be found here.
Drop Box Tool
- Each student is assigned a Drop Box, which can be used to exchange files; both the instructor and student can deposit items to this location, which are not constrained to any particular assignment.
- Faculty members can download all items contained within Drop Boxes at once, e.g., all items submitted throughout the course.
- Feedback given to students would need to be given within files uploaded to the Drop Box by the instructor.
- More information about the Drop Box Tool can be found here.